Wow. October. How the hell did that happen? Another month down and another month closer to the end of the year.
I am so glad that we’re well and truly in the midst of Spring now and Summer is just around the corner. Here are three things I’ve been focusing on the past month –
- Forgiveness. I never have any trouble forgiving others but when it comes to myself, I am terrible at it. This month I’ve been focusing on forgiving myself for anything I view as a personal shortfall – leaving the dishes in the sink of a night, leaving Bella’s toys out at the end of the day and just generally not getting around to everything on my To-Do list in favour of something more exciting (like an early night). This new mentality has made my days a lot easier.
- Health. If you keep up with my posts, you’ll remember that I’ve been cheering for the convenience of HelloFresh – I was even able to give a few of my Instagram followers, a free box. However, I had begun to realise that was feeling disconnected from my food and what I was fueling our bodies with. I’ve since stopped my subscription and have been focusing on eating simple wholefoods – something Bella has responded surprisingly well to and she’s eating better than she ever has. I now find I’m asking myself less ‘will she eat this?’ and more ‘have we got enough cucumbers and carrots for snacks?’ It’s a great problem to have.
- Summer wardrobes. I have a new tactic for this season – spend up big in the beginning so the focus can then shift to living life (and saving!). This year’s Summer wardrobe has to be multifaceted – it’s more than lasting us the 5 or so months of warmth – the items I’m purchasing now have to last us Summer in Europe next year too. Whilst that doesn’t pose a problem for someone who hasn’t grown since she was about 16, Bella is completely different. We’ve been doing a lot of purchases of clothes a size or two bigger (but that don’t look it) hoping I can circumvent obligatory shopping when we arrive in Europe. I’ll do a post on what we’re vibing this season soon.
As always, here are a few things I’m loving lately –
- Zara girls’ range. The bohemian vibes in this season’s collection is right up my alley. Bella’s had to reign me in from buying too much.
- Side salads. I love that the warmer weather means that having a salad isn’t torture anymore. Side salads are such an easy way to add something raw and boosting nutrition to your meals.
- Bluey. This Australian cartoon has me giggling just as much as it does Bella.
- Kirstin Ash. I recently purchased new charms for my necklace and I’m loving what I’ve selected. Kirstin Ash has such a beautiful range and their pieces are so well made.
And here’s what I’m not loving lately –
- Kora Organics Purifying and Enriched Body moisturisers. These moisturisers seem to tick all the right boxes but do not actually moisturise. Adding to the frustration (besides the money I dropped on them) is that I had actually learnt this before but had forgotten. Grr!
Top – Saboskirt
Slides – Billini
**Nothing in this post was sponsored.